Many products require CE marking before they can be sold in the EU. CE marking indicates that a product has been assessed by the manufacturer and deemed to meet EU safety, health, and environmental protection requirements. It is required for products manufactured anywhere in the world that are then marketed in the EU.
CE marking is only obligatory for products for which EU specifications exist and require the affixing of CE marking.
Some products are subject to several EU requirements at the same time. You must make sure that your product complies with all the relevant requirements before affixing the CE marking to it. It is forbidden to affix the CE marking to products for which EU specifications do not exist or do not require the affixing of CE marking.
The mark indicates that a product:
- Fulfills the requirements of relevant European product directives
- Meets all the requirements of the relevant recognized European harmonized performance and safety standards
- Is fit for its purpose and will not endanger lives or property
• CE Mark is mandatory to market your products in Europe
• CE Mark ensures that the product is safe for human use
• CE Marked products can be circulated freely in 30 EEA countries
• It has become a requirement in the global market
• It is required in Indian government tenders also
• CE Marking increases image of product in market
For CE Marking first of all applicable EU Directives & EN standards has to be identified. Your need to decide most suitable CE Marking module. Product needs to be tested against requirements of relevant EN standards. Technical construction file of product is prepared. At last you need to sign an “EU declaration of Conformity”. After completing all these steps you need to call CDG auditor for final review of products & documents. After successful review you will be granted ‘CE Marking Certificate”.
Toys, Machines, Electrical & Electronic equipment, Personal protective equipment, Pressure equipment, Medical devices, In vitro diagnostic, Radio & Telecommunications terminal equipment, Simple pressure vessels, Gas appliances, Lifts, Recreational craft, Equipment, and protective systems for use in explosive atmospheres, Cableways, Construction products, Explosives for civil use, New hot water boilers, weighing & Measuring Equipment.
To sell your products in European Countries CE Marking is required. List of different European countries is as follows:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom