ISI mark registration is mandatory for all the certifying products sold in India. The mark is meant for better quality and safety of the products. The Products having ISI indicate that products are in compliance with the Indian standard quality. Through getting ISI certification on your products, you are eligible to expand your business. If products sold in India don’t have ISI, then those products cannot be sold within the territory of India.
The purpose of ISI registration is to
- Provide quality assurance of any product or good;
- Increase the confidence of the customer while buying the good;
- Provide a safeguard to the health of the customer.
If you are willing to take ISI registration, then you have to submit certain documents as described below:
There are numerous benefits of the ISI mark. The list of the benefits of ISI is described below:
- It helps to increase the satisfaction of the customer.
- Where the customer is unsatisfied with the product’s quality, then the company selling the product will exchange the product with a new one.
- For every customer, the mark makes it possible to get the best quality of the product.
- If any customer finds that the product having ISI is of bad quality, then the customer can take action against the manufacturer of the product.
- It helps the manufacturers and owners of the product to increase their business.
ISI (Indian Standards Institute) mark is a product certification scheme by BIS. The ISI mark is compulsory for certain items to be sold in India. The ISI mark can only be used on products post grant of license from the BIS.
The ISI mark is mandatory for certain products to be sold in India, such as many of the electrical appliances like switches, electric motors, wiring cables, heaters, kitchen appliances, etc., and other products like Portland cement, LPG valves, LPG cylinders, automotive tyres, etc.
ISI is meant for a quality standard set by the Indian government. However the term “ISI mark” continues to be used for the quality standards. BIS is authorized to use the ISI mark and offers the product certification, which is basically voluntary.