The licensed microwave offers a lot of advantages when it comes to wireless backhaul. However, the biggest detractor is the fact that you have to figure out how to actually license it with the FCC and, of course, pay for the license. That cost can certainly add a lot of your overall project.
This can vary somewhat, but if an FCC-approved Frequency Coordinator is used, the time frame is generally 30 days. In coordination with Canada or Mexico required, this can add up to six weeks to the time.
License fees are per site 40000/- and valid for 10 years. Application fees vary
- Organizations looking to create long-distance LAN connections
- Organizations looking to reduce the cost of existing leased lines
- In high-density areas suffering from RF interference
- Mission-critical data requiring 99.999% uptime
- Telecommunications, campus networks, IP, PDH and SDH networks, intranets and LAN connections
If you are looking for the simple answer, please contact Wireless Excellence. Our very experienced technical team are happy to discuss your requirements and advise on the best solution to meet your exact needs.
Wireless Excellence can guide you with regional and national requirements for frequency licenses which vary between each country and region. See the following page for more information specifically in the UK with OFCOM